Approval of any credit limit increase depends on your circumstances. By requesting a credit limit increase you are authorising us to review your credit history and any other relevant information required to process your request. You'll not be eligible for a credit limit increase if:
- Your credit limit has changed in the last 10 months (increase or decrease)
- You’ve had your credit card for less than 6 months
- You have more than one credit card in your name
- You’re over your current credit limit
- You're in arrears and with our collections team (due to outstanding payments)
Please carefully consider any increase to your credit limit as it may increase the risk of taking on too much debt, which may be costly or take a long time to pay off.
Decreasing your credit limit can be done easily and at any time by logging into Online Banking or our Mobile Banking App and following the same steps as mentioned earlier. The minimum that you'll be able to decrease your limit to is £100, or 105% of your current balance.