Read more about our international fees, charges and security.
Some other things to consider:
- Check your credit card to make sure it doesn’t expire while you’re abroad.
- Take more than one card with you in case you lose your card or it becomes damaged.
- Make sure you have our overseas contact telephone number with you (+44 1268 508027).
- If you're using your card online when you're abroad, you may experience a delay in receiving the code we send to your phone to check it's you making the purchase.
- Consider setting up a direct debit or standing order to cover any payments due while you’re away. Find out more about paying your credit card in our existing FAQ.
- Make sure we have your up-to-date contact details including your mobile telephone number.
- If your cards are registered with a card protection agency, ensure you have their contact telephone number and policy number with you.
- If you or an additional cardholder buy foreign currency from Tesco Travel Money with your Tesco Bank Credit Card, either through our website or at an in-store bureau, this will be treated as a purchase transaction. If you buy foreign currency or travellers cheques from any other seller, this will be treated as a cash advance which will incur fees and charges.
- Don’t let your card out of your sight, especially when making purchases in restaurants and bars.
- Familiarise yourself with your PIN before travelling and don’t give your PIN or Online Banking security details to anyone – even if they claim to be from the police or your card company.
- Shield your PIN with your free hand when typing it into a keypad in a shop or at a cash machine.
- Should you lose your card, you can block your card permanently or temporarily via the Mobile Banking App. For more info please see our lost and stolen FAQ.
- Should you block your PIN whilst abroad, you may not be able to unblock it using a foreign ATM.
When you get back:
- Check your credit card statements carefully for unfamiliar transactions
- If there are any, report them to us as soon as possible on 0345 300 4278*
Calls may be recorded. *This number may be included as part of any inclusive call minutes provided by your phone operator.