What will happen when I close my account?
- We will provide you with the option of receiving your transaction history covering up to a 5 year period when closing your account.
- This information is not in the usual format and will be in the form of a list and posted to you.
What happens if I close my account and switch to another bank?
- Once your request to switch is accepted, we will send you a text to let you know this information is available and ready to be sent via post upon the closure of your account.
- For security, you will need to call us to confirm your address before these can be issued.
Is there any other information I need to know?
- If you decide you don’t want this information when closing your account, you are able to request it for up to five years from the date of your account closure. Past transaction history is only available for up to five years from the point you request it.
- The volume of paper you will receive could be quite large; up to 60 pages of confidential transaction history if you receive the full five years’ worth of history, and even more for accounts with high transaction levels.
How quickly will I receive this information?
We will send you your transaction history in the post within 14 days of your account being closed.