To transfer money to an account you've paid into before:
- Choose the payee from the drop-down menu, then Continue
- The exchange rate, international payment fee and payment date will be shown
- Enter a reference so the payee will know the payment is from you, complete the amount either in GBP or the foreign currency, then Continue
- Check and Confirm your payment details
To transfer money to an account you've not paid into before:
- Select NEW PAYEE, complete the payee's name and address and their SWIFT/Bank Identifier Code (BIC) and International Bank Account Number (IBAN), then Continue
- Select the payee from the drop-down menu and follow the instructions above to complete the payment
The person you're paying needs to give you their SWIFT/Bank Identifier Code (BIC) and International Bank Account Number (IBAN). There is a fee of £20 per transaction when you make an international payment to a non European country. The fee is dependent on the country you’re sending the payment to and will be confirmed before you make your payment. We do not charge a fee for an international payment to a European country in Euros.
Please note: check with the other bank to make sure they do not apply any additional charges. For more information on our international charges, please see our existing FAQ 'What fees do you charge on a current account?'