COVID-19 Update – we would encourage you to make a payment using our Mobile Banking App or Online Banking and help us protect our most vulnerable customers by only contacting us if your call is urgent. Read our latest customer update for more details.
We’ve got several ways for you to pay your credit card bill, so it’s easy for you to keep up to date. All of this information is contained within the How to Pay section of your monthly statement.
Pay by bank – You can send us a payment directly from your bank.
- Log in to Online Banking, click on your account and select 'Make a payment' from the drop down menu.
- Select ‘Pay by bank’, read through the terms and conditions then select ‘Next’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose your bank from the list and check all your payment details are correct and then select ‘Confirm’ to continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your payment request.
- Your bank will carry out checks on your account when confirming if the payment can be made.
If you don’t see your bank on the list, you will be able to send a faster payment from your bank account to sort code 40-64-15, account number 31310006 and include your Tesco Bank 16 digit credit card number (without spaces) as the reference so we know it’s your payment. Please allow up to 2 working days for the payment to clear.
Pay by Direct Debit - You can set up regular payments to your credit card by direct debit, which means you won’t have to organise a manual payment each month. To set this up, you need to have registered for Online Banking. Once you’ve done this, follow these steps:
- Log in to Online Banking, click on your credit card and then select 'Direct Debit' in the top right hand corner.
- Follow the steps to choose your payment amount and enter the account details you want the direct debit to be paid from.
- If you get an email or text before your first direct debit date letting you know your statement is ready, you’ll need to make your first payment by bank transfer or debit card instead. Your Direct Debit should then be active for your next monthly statement.
If you have our Mobile App, you can also set up, manage and cancel your direct debit in the app.
Pay by debit card - When making debit card payments, please allow a minimum of 2 working days before the due date for the payment to clear. You can make debit card payments via Online Banking and our Mobile App. You will need to add the debit card first and then you can make a payment.
Online Banking - To do this, you need to first register for Online Banking. Then follow these steps:
- Log in to Online Banking, click on your credit card and then select 'Manage account' in the top right hand corner.
- Select 'Make a payment' and then 'Make a debit card payment'
Mobile App - To do this you need to first download and set up our Mobile App. Then follow these steps:
- Log in to the mobile app
- Select the credit card you want to make a payment on
- Select the menu icon and then select 'Pay with debit card'